The South Australian Family Law Pathways Network (SAFLPN) is a coordinated network of organisations and professionals operating in the broader family law system in South Australia. The goal of the SAFLFN is to foster dialogue and collaboration between service providers to assist separating and separated families to access services in metropolitan Adelaide, as well in larger regional centres in South Australia.
The SAFLPN is managed and coordinated by a Coordinator who is responsible for delivering information to the network through regular communication and events. The SAFPLN also provides cross sectoral training on a regular basis and host events, forums, workshops and seminars to assist in information sharing and networking opportunities for the legal and non-legal sectors.
The SAFLPN aims to connect organisations, professionals and stakeholders working within the system and provide them with up to date information about family law services, including family counselling, family dispute resolution, parenting courses and other services.
The SAFLPN consists of a three tiered structure: the Steering Committee, the membership, and a broader network of family law service providers who receive and participate in regular communication:
- The Steering Committee consists of the representatives of 8 organisations elected annually from the membership to guide the operation of the SAFLPN. This includes approving and managing the work plan and promoting the SAFLPN’s collaborative ethos within the broader family law sector.
- The SAFLPN membership consists of organisations and peak bodies operating in the sector who share the SAFLPN’s philosophy and who are committed to attending monthly meetings and contributing to the SAFLPN’s activities generally. Major activities include preparing service directories and other resources, distributing a quarterly newsletter, and hosting regular training and networking forums.
- The broader network is made up of a large numbers of individuals, professionals & stakeholders who are involved in or who have a interest in the finding out about services and information regarding the family law system and affiliated services.
Current Steering Committee Members
- Graham Russell (Chair): Manager Family Law Section, Legal Services Commission
- Lisa Osborne: Executive Assistant Manager, Centacare Catholic Family Services
- Virginia Leeuwenburg: Manager Post Separation Services, Relationships Australia SA
- Ric Trevaskis: Regional Coordinator Child Dispute Services (SA/NT), Family Law Courts
- Sherrie Ryan: Manager Family Relationships Centre Port Augusta, Centacare CDPP
- Sue Christophers: Manager Specialist Family Relationship Services, Anglicare SA
- Sarah Hill: Coalition of Women’s DV Services of SA Inc.
- Jane Fox: Senior Associate, David Burrell & Co Lawyers, and Chair, Family Law Committee
- Steve Mills: Service Manager Family Relationships Centre Noarlunga, Uniting Communities
Current SAFLPN Members
- Legal Services Commission
- Southern Community Justice Centre
- Child Support Agency
- Aboriginal Legal Rights Movement
- Coalition of Women’s DV Services
- Centacare CDPP
- Relationships Australia SA
- Centacare Adelaide
- Family Law Committee
- Lutheran Community Care
- Family Law Courts
- Anglicare SA
- Department of Social Services (Attorney Generals Department)
- Ac Care
- Grandparents for Grandchildren
- Uniting Communities – Noarlunga Family Relationship Centre
Find out more about becoming a member of the SAFLPN by visiting our Membership page.